Logistics and Sales Coordinator
This is how you support our team
Do you have experience working in a sales administration or customer support role in the UK solar PV industry, with a good knowledge of SAP?
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the pioneers in renewable energy who have been providing premium quality, solar PV products & solutions for the last 30 years.
At Solarwatt it is our mission to be the lifelong companion for people who want to produce their own clean energy. Founded in Dresden, Germany in 1993, we are the European market leader in glass-glass solar panel technology. Solarwatt remains at the forefront of research, innovation, and production and in our commitment to shaping energy transition by Powering A Better Tomorrow.
Our ideal candidate will be a customer friendly, motivated, organised, and proactive logistics and sales coordinator with a deep understanding of Sales Order Processes and logistical processes. This is a wide-ranging role, working with SAP, logistics coordination providing support to our driven sales team and ensuring our UK partners are supported throughout the customer journey. The essence of this role is to ensure efficiently run systems and customer experience. Among the top goals for this role is ensuring that a company’s fulfilment operations stay on schedule. This role directly reports to the Logistics and Sales Manager.
This is a hybrid role, part home based, and part based at our newly established office in Shepperton Surrey - so this is an exciting time to join our growing team! Candidates must be eligible to work in the UK and will ideally be based locally.
What will you be doing?
- Provide support for UK field sales team;
- Provide support for UK customers (solar installers), regularly communicate with customers to understand their supply needs;
- Promptly resolve shipment and inventory issues as they arise;
- Sales Order Processing in SAP;
- Booking orders;
- Confirming orders to customers;
- Providing order details / stock information;
- Checking product availabilities and delivery times;
- Providing transport costs to clients;
- Follow the complete order process through to on time delivery at the customer;
- Create invoices;
- After sales activities;
- Day-to-day communication with customers;
- Logistics coordination;
- Ensuring a positive customer journey;
- Travel to Solarwatt UK’s warehouse and inventory outlets to assess and streamline operations.
What do we expect from you?
- Relevant degree/qualification or equivalent Business experience;
- Proven experience working in logistics/sales;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Comfortable with main IT packages, SAP Enterprise, Outlook, MS Teams, CRM (Salesforce);
- Good communicator, friendly, eloquent;
- Well organised, structured, and accurate;
- Proactive, self-starter;
- Problem solver;
- Service minded;
- Able to work autonomously;
- Some sales experience an advantage;
- Good social skills;
- Desire to be helpful;
- Must be eligible to work in the UK;
- English native
- German / Dutch non-essential but helpful
What Solarwatt offers
- Excellent salary and benefits package including contributory pension, bonuses, medical insurance BUPA, 25 days holiday;
- An extremely pleasant and professional working environment with like-minded professionals;
- Ongoing training and personal development;
- The chance to work on sales campaigns for fun and challenging projects!;
- REAL opportunities for rapid career progression for top performers into a variety of other roles.